What is a Soy Melt?
A Soy Melt is a block of solid natural soy wax infused with fragrance and essential oils.
When placed on the top of a ceramic burner, the Soy Melt warms, eventually melting the wax and releasing beautiful fragrance into the room.
Why are Soy Melts a great way to fragrance your home?
- Only natural and eco-friendly ingredients – our melts are made using high quality, natural soy wax which is sustainable, renewable and gentle on our environment, unlike petroleum-based wax.
- No nasty chemicals – our Soy Melts have no added alcohol, paraffin or phthalates which means they are kind to those with allergies and sensitive noses.
- Great value – each Soy Melt lasts for a minimum of 4-6 hours and is reusable over multiple sessions.
- Use the burner you already have – our Soy Melts are compatible with both electric and traditional ceramic burners.
- Made in New Zealand with only natural ingredients – helping you to live life beautifully and gently.
How do you use Soy Melts?
- Place your oil burner away from drafts or anything flammable and out-of-reach of children or pets.
- Pop the Soy Melt into the top of the dry burner – there is no need to add oil or water.
- Light a tealight candle in the base of the burner (or plug in your electric burner) and wait for the wax to melt, releasing the gorgeous scent.
- When you extinguish the tealight candle (or switch off your burner), the Soy Melt will cool and begin to solidify. You can either re-use it or remove it for later use. If you want to change fragrances, save the Soy Melt and pop in a new one. Hint: if you want to dispose of the current wax, it’s often easier to pour the liquid out into your bin and then wipe up any residue with a tissue, before it goes hard.
- It is best to use a tealight soy candle to heat your Soy Melts. Soy wax melts at a lower temperature than petroleum-based wax, which means that your Soy Melt will last longer and the fragrance won’t burn off as quickly. Plus, soy tealight candles burn cleaner without producing nasty sooty bi-products.
- When you store your Soy Melts, place one on a small piece of baking paper in a cool spot inside a cupboard or drawer to subtly fragrance your linen or clothes.
Which fragrance will you choose?
Soy melts are so easy! Just pop one into your burner, quickly filling your home with your favourite scent.
If you’re not sure which fragrance to choose, why don’t you order a sample pack today and select 6 scents from our range to try out for yourself:
Whether you like woody, fruity, fresh or citrusy, there’s a fragrance to suit every mood and occasion.
Here are some of my current favourites:
- Cranberry & Pomegranate
- Dragon’s Blood
- French Lavender
- Honeysuckle & Sweet Pea
- Lychee & Black Tea
- View our fragrance guide for a complete list of options.